One of my favourite things monitoring this blog stems from a post I made last year about Aeroplan disenfranchising its members who did not keep ponying up. Almost everyday lately I have been getting a comment from some furious person who lost their points. At some point along the way someone suggested the idea of a class action suit and that has resonated with many commenters.
Hoisted from the comments area is the following offer:
Shawn | email@example.com
Time to walk the walk. If any of you are seriously interested in pursuing a class action lawsuit against Aeroplan for forfeited miles contact me at ’firstname.lastname@example.org’.
Although not currently practicing, I am an Ontario lawyer in good standing and I am willing to devote whatever time I can to this project.
- Some missing elements from the Canadian TPP debate (October 27th, 2015)
- Canada After Harper (August 11th, 2015)
- The CBC – the Corporate Broadcasting Corp. (January 15th, 2015)
- Andrea Horwath’s Debacle (June 15th, 2014)
- NDP Sectarianism Returns with a Vengeance (May 12th, 2014)