One of my favourite things monitoring this blog stems from a post I made last year about Aeroplan disenfranchising its members who did not keep ponying up. Almost everyday lately I have been getting a comment from some furious person who lost their points. At some point along the way someone suggested the idea of a class action suit and that has resonated with many commenters.
Hoisted from the comments area is the following offer:
Shawn | firstname.lastname@example.org
Time to walk the walk. If any of you are seriously interested in pursuing a class action lawsuit against Aeroplan for forfeited miles contact me at ’email@example.com’.
Although not currently practicing, I am an Ontario lawyer in good standing and I am willing to devote whatever time I can to this project.
- Ontario Budget: All Quiet on the Revenue Front (May 6th, 2013)
- More Dead Money (August 31st, 2012)
- Agrium Halves Potash Royalties (August 3rd, 2012)
- Taking Over Nexen (July 25th, 2012)
- Baskin-Robbins and the Walmartization of Ice Cream (July 20th, 2012)