Last week someone sent me an email with a subject line that read “Emergency Singalong”
They had watched the evolution of the census story with dismay and decided it was time to turn things around.
Cleverly rewriting the lyrics to Garry and the Playboy’s 1960s hit Count Me In, a group assembled at his house last Friday. The rest, as they say, is history.
May I present to you John Campey and his Data Hounds
Apparently this has become a hit with a bullet. Just a few minutes ago, John informed me that it was the top story on CTV online news.
Said Mr. Campey “Justin Bieber, eat your heart out!”
Another member of the Census-conscious group, Rick Eagan, weighed in with a more Eeyore-ish tone.
“We should have discussed royalties earlier. Now that it’s taken off this will be a much harder discussion. Statistics say that nine time out of ten, plus or minus one, 80 percent of the time in any group of ten there will be at least one Yoko Ono.”
In other sightings of Census hilarity
And my favourite thus far
How Stephen Harper Views Statistics Canada and the Census Long Form
If you see any more, post the link in the comments below.
- Canada’s Job Market: Slower, Lower, Weaker (February 8th, 2014)
- Canada’s Luxury Index is through the roof (February 6th, 2014)
- Dutch Disease, Prices and Wages in Saskatchewan (January 26th, 2014)
- 2013 Left Us Wanting More … Jobs (January 10th, 2014)
- StatCan Debunks Small-Business Mythology (January 8th, 2014)