Posted by Nick Falvo under aboriginal peoples, Canada's North, Conservative government, energy, homeless, housing, Indigenous people, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, poverty, social policy, Yukon.
March 25th, 2015
Over at the blog of Northern Public Affairs, I’ve written a post titled “Ten Things to Know About Homelessness in Canada’s North.”
Topics covered in the post include the high cost of construction in many parts of the North, the relatively high costs of operating housing in the North, and declining federal funding for social housing in the North.
The full post can be found here.
- Making Real Change Happen (December 4th, 2015)
- Ten Things to Know About the Challenges of Ending Homelessness in Canada (November 18th, 2015)
- First Nations Education is critical social infrastructure (September 30th, 2015)
- Ten Things to Know About Homelessness in Canada (September 17th, 2015)
- Dix Choses Ã Savoir sur lâ€™ItinÃ©rance au Canada (September 17th, 2015)