In 2010, I wrote a blog post in which I suggested that: a) the recession of 2008-2009 would bring on increased homelessness; and b) there would be a lag effect of roughly three to five years. Indeed, I suggested that it would not be until 2014 until the full effect of the recession is seen in terms of homeless numbers.
Recent data from the City of Toronto appear to lend support to my prediction.
- Would an NDP win mean the end of Canada? (August 14th, 2015)
- Harper has the worst economic record in history (August 10th, 2015)
- Rhetoric vs Reality: The Harper Govt Economic Record (July 30th, 2015)
- ROCHON on 2015 budget: Conservatives making a mockery of working Canadians (April 21st, 2015)
- ROCHON on the upcoming federal budget (April 2015) (April 6th, 2015)