I recently wrote a paper on the recession’s impact on homelessness, looking at Toronto as a case study.Â I presented it on Friday at the Annual Conference of the Canadian Economics Association (May 28-30, Quebec City).Â The paper’s title is “Calm Before the Storm,” as I believe that, based on the outcome of the last major recession in the early 1990s,Â the real impact of the recession on homelessness will only begin to be seen in the next 2-4 years.Â The paper can be accessed here.
- Advocacy in Canada’s Affordable Housing and Homelessness Sectors (April 25th, 2017)
- Ten Things To Know About The 2017 Federal Budget (April 7th, 2017)
- A Review of the 2017 Alberta Budget (April 2nd, 2017)
- New book on the history of Canadian social housing policy (April 2nd, 2017)
- The Calgary Homeless Foundation’s System Planning Frameworks (March 27th, 2017)