Further to my earlier post critiquing the recent Mintz study – which argued that cuts in corporate tax rates are not significantly denting corporate tax revenues – I looked up the effective corporate tax rate (income tax paid as a percentage of taxable corporate income.) Here is what shows up on CANSIM 180-0003.
2006 – 31.0%
2007 – 29.9%
2008 – 27.5%
2009 – 27.0%
Does anyone detect a trend?
- Ten Things to Know About the Challenges of Ending Homelessness in Canada (November 18th, 2015)
- Small Business Taxes, Big Loopholes (September 14th, 2015)
- Canada’s failed experiment with corporate income tax cuts (September 11th, 2015)
- Balanced Budget Myopia Breaks Both Ways (August 31st, 2015)
- Is Harper right? Did corporate tax cuts really pay for themselves? (September 18th, 2014)