Further to my earlier post critiquing the recent Mintz study - which argued that cuts in corporate tax rates are not significantly denting corporate tax revenues – I looked up the effective corporate tax rate (income tax paid as a percentage of taxable corporate income.) Here is what shows up on CANSIM 180-0003.
2006 – 31.0%
2007 – 29.9%
2008 – 27.5%
2009 – 27.0%
Does anyone detect a trend?
- PEF Session at the House of Commons Finance Committee (December 2nd, 2013)
- A Nuclear Error: Uranium Royalty Cuts (December 1st, 2013)
- Canada’s (not so incredible) shrinking federal government (November 20th, 2013)
- Good Time to Rethink Corporate Tax Cuts (November 14th, 2013)
- Do C. D. Howe’s Numbers Support its Policies? (November 6th, 2013)