Further to my earlier post critiquing the recentÂ Mintz study -Â which argued that cuts in corporate tax rates are not significantly denting corporate tax revenues – I looked up the effective corporate tax rate (income tax paid as a percentage of taxable corporate income.) Here is what shows up on CANSIM 180-0003.
2006 – 31.0%
2007 – 29.9%
2008 – 27.5%
2009 – 27.0%
Does anyone detect a trend?
- Ten things to know about the 2016-17 Alberta budget (May 3rd, 2016)
- Dix choses Ã savoir sur les dÃ©fis associÃ©s avec mettre fin Ã l’itinÃ©rance au Canada (December 8th, 2015)
- Ten Things to Know About the Challenges of Ending Homelessness in Canada (November 18th, 2015)
- Small Business Taxes, Big Loopholes (September 14th, 2015)
- Canadaâ€™s failed experiment with corporate income tax cuts (September 11th, 2015)