The new issue of the International Journal of Labour
Research (edited by Canada’s own Pierre la Liberte ) entitled “Crisis: Causes, Prospects and Alternatives” is now available.
The issue takes a critical look at policies that led to the 2007-08
crisis and considers alternatives to orthodox policies both North
and South. It features articles by Robert Wade, Eckhard Hein, and
Iyanatul Islam on macroeconomic issues.
It also takes a closer look at the crisis in Europe (Trevor Evans), and
contains a useful comparison of the responses to the crisis in Brazil
and Mexico (Salas and Santos). Finally, Hansjörg Herr provides a
“primer” on the reforms needed for the financial sector.
The issue can be found at this link.
- Niall Ferguson’s Latest Idiocy (May 5th, 2013)
- Margaret Thatcher’s Economic Legacy (April 16th, 2013)
- Happy Crashiversary! Are you better off now than you were four years ago? (September 14th, 2012)
- Dead Money (August 23rd, 2012)
- US family net worth crushed by financial crisis (June 11th, 2012)