Ali Kraushaar and Â Geoff Evamy Hill, co-founders of the Rethinking Economics Waterloo initiative, are organizing a conference to be held Feb 7. It looks good! Â See below.
We want to inform you about theÂ Rethinking Economics Waterloo ConferenceÂ happening atÂ St. Paul’s University College on Saturday, February 7. We invite you and all your members to be there, and hope we can collaborate on spreading the word!
- Dr. John Bonnett â€“ Canada Research Chair Digital Humanities, Brock University
- Dr. Daniel Drache â€“ Professor of Political Science & Canadian Studies, York University
- Dr. Peter Victor â€“ Professor of Economics, York University
- Dr. Jennifer Clapp â€“ Canada Research Chair Global Food Security, uWaterloo
- Dr. Lutz-Alexander Busch â€“ Associate Undergraduate Chair of Economics, uWaterloo
- Joe Mancini â€“ Director of the Working Centre, Kitchener
- Dr. Patricia Marino â€“ Professor of Philosophy, uWaterloo
More information on the global Rethinking Economics movement:
Rethinking Economics is a global â€œgrassrootsâ€ network of students, thinkers, and citizens who seek to give voice to new and marginalized economics narratives that could enrich economic theory, research, and teaching. Rethinking Economics aims to make economics more accessible, diverse, reflective and responsible for the public eye and within academia. Recently, Rethinking Economics has been mentioned in the news for its membership in the International Student Initiative for Pluralism in , Economics (ISIPE), Al Jazeera for its recent London, UK Conference as well as the New York Times following the Rethinking Economics Conference in New York City.
We thank you for spreading the word about this event. We hope to collaborate in the future and look forward to seeing you on February 7!
Ali Kraushaar & Geoff Evamy Hill
Co-Founders, Rethinking Economics Waterloo
- The Alternative Federal Budget 2017 (March 20th, 2017)
- The Federal Role in Poverty Reduction (February 8th, 2017)
- How Housing Policy Benefits from a Socioeconomic Perspective (December 14th, 2016)
- Economics for Everyone: Second Edition (June 25th, 2015)
- Louis-Philippe Rochon’s Top 10 Economic Predictions for 2015 (January 11th, 2015)