Here is an important op ed from the Irish Times by a former senior IMF official, arguing that the most heavily indebted euro countries will have to default on some of their public debt. If they do not, public debt will continue to rise to even more unsustainable levels as unemployment and output losses soar.
- Louis-Philippe Rochon’s Top 10 Economic Predictions for 2015 (January 11th, 2015)
- Who’s afraid of free trade with Europe? (September 25th, 2014)
- Free Traders Panic Over German Challenge to Investor-State Dispute-Settlement (July 30th, 2014)
- Andrea Horwath’s Debacle (June 15th, 2014)
- Why France’s Economic Problems Matter (April 22nd, 2014)