Here is an important op ed from the Irish Times by a former senior IMF official, arguing that the most heavily indebted euro countries will have to default on some of their public debt. If they do not, public debt will continue to rise to even more unsustainable levels as unemployment and output losses soar.
- Who’s afraid of free trade with Europe? (September 25th, 2014)
- Free Traders Panic Over German Challenge to Investor-State Dispute-Settlement (July 30th, 2014)
- Andrea Horwath’s Debacle (June 15th, 2014)
- Why France’s Economic Problems Matter (April 22nd, 2014)
- Tony Blair and the Corporatization of Social Democracy (March 19th, 2014)