Here is an important op ed from the Irish Times by a former senior IMF official, arguing that the most heavily indebted euro countries will have to default on some of their public debt. If they do not, public debt will continue to rise to even more unsustainable levels as unemployment and output losses soar.
- THE EURO, THE DRACHMA AND GREECE: limited options in an impossible situation (March 8th, 2015)
- ROCHON On Greece once More (February 17th, 2015)
- ROCHON: Greece, Syriza and the Euro (February 10th, 2015)
- Seccareccia on Greece, Austerity and the Eurozone (February 5th, 2015)
- Louis-Philippe Rochon’s Top 10 Economic Predictions for 2015 (January 11th, 2015)