Here is an excellent commentary by Andrew Watt on the new ECB commitment to buy bonds without limit to reduce interest rates on the government debt of troubled members of the Euro zone. While an important and necessary step, this still means that deflationary austerity will continue, and that there will be no offsetting stimulus in surplus countries. And he notes that the ECB has set no target for interest rate spreads.
- Who’s afraid of free trade with Europe? (September 25th, 2014)
- Free Traders Panic Over German Challenge to Investor-State Dispute-Settlement (July 30th, 2014)
- Andrea Horwath’s Debacle (June 15th, 2014)
- Why France’s Economic Problems Matter (April 22nd, 2014)
- Tony Blair and the Corporatization of Social Democracy (March 19th, 2014)