Here is an excellent commentary by Andrew Watt on the new ECB commitment to buy bonds without limit to reduce interest rates on the government debt of troubled members of the Euro zone. While an important and necessary step, this still means that deflationary austerity will continue, and that there will be no offsetting stimulus in surplus countries. And he notes that the ECB has set no target for interest rate spreads.
- THE EURO, THE DRACHMA AND GREECE: limited options in an impossible situation (March 8th, 2015)
- ROCHON On Greece once More (February 17th, 2015)
- ROCHON: Greece, Syriza and the Euro (February 10th, 2015)
- Seccareccia on Greece, Austerity and the Eurozone (February 5th, 2015)
- Louis-Philippe Rochon’s Top 10 Economic Predictions for 2015 (January 11th, 2015)