I’m in Yellowknife all week attending events relating to the launch of a policy report on homelessness. The report is one of several articles coming out of a multi-year research project looking at affordable housing and homelessness in the Northwest Territories. The project is being supervised by Dr. Frances Abele (Carleton University) and our community partner is Arlene Haché (recent recipient of the Order of Canada and Executive Director of the Centre for Northern Families). The main sponsor of the research is the Social Economy Research Network of Northern Canada (SERNNoCa).
The full policy report (along with a summary) is available at the following web site: http://www.homelesshub.ca/yellowknife/
- Marc’s Enbridge Testimony (January 16th, 2013)
- Poverty in Yukon (May 27th, 2012)
- Mining in the NWT: Who Gets What? (May 6th, 2012)
- Housing in the Northwest Territories (November 26th, 2011)
- What Newfoundland & Labrador Can Teach the Rest of Canada About 21st Century Globalization (May 20th, 2011)