Statscan investment intentions data released today show thatgrowth of real investment by the private sector is set to slow markedly in 2011 compared to 2010. (up 3.8% vs up 8.0% in 2010.)
So much for the stimulative effect of corporate tax cuts.
Surprise, surprise investment is concentrated in the resource sector, especially oil, where high prices and profits guarantee high returns to capital, irrespective of the tax rate.
- Don’t Privatize ISC (May 16th, 2013)
- Provincial Corporate Taxes: A 12% Floor? (April 23rd, 2013)
- Fairness by design: a framework for tax reform in Canada (February 14th, 2013)
- Effective Corporate Tax Rate Falling (October 18th, 2012)
- Do Corporate Tax Cuts Really Pay For Themselves? (September 13th, 2012)