Oh, the cynicism of it all.
I was just watching the Evan Solomon Power and Politics show on Newsworld (about 5.40pm ) when an ad came up extolling opportunities for re-training under Canada’s Economic Action Plan and referring viewers to the same web site.
That’s strange, I thought. Have those programs not expired?
I checked the web site and find that it is thoeretically possible to access extended training benefits for long tenure workers, so long as a claim was begun before the end of last May.
It is theoretically possible to apply since claims can last for up to 50 weeks – but this is surely milking the Action Plan for all that it is worth on the ad side as opposed to the action side.
- Polozogistics: Nine Thoughts About the Choice of the New Bank of Canada Governor (May 3rd, 2013)
- Great Divergence or Financialized recovery ? (April 22nd, 2013)
- Happy Crashiversary! Are you better off now than you were four years ago? (September 14th, 2012)
- Canada Goose Egg (December 23rd, 2011)
- Ontario’s Stimulating Election Platforms (October 5th, 2011)