This is quite an interesting and very timely paper from the ILO International Institute for Labour Studies, squarely directed to next week’s meeting of G20 labour ministers. As pressures to cut budget deficits intensify, it argues that job-centered spending measures can in fact reinforce fiscal sustainability while boosting employment. Austerity measures which raise unemployment today can lead to the same deficit outcome a few years hence as job oriented stimulus packages.
- Niall Ferguson’s Latest Idiocy (May 5th, 2013)
- Beating Back the Ghosts: Be Gone Appeals to Reinhart and Rogoff Authority. Welcome the Triumph of Reason. (April 16th, 2013)
- Back to Balance in Nova Scotia (March 25th, 2013)
- Budget 2013: Time for a real action plan, not another ad campaign (March 19th, 2013)
- Breaking The Taboo on Monetizing Deficits (February 22nd, 2013)