The good folks at PERI at U Mass Amherst led by Gerry Epstein and Jane D’Arista have just launched a new web site so theirr useful work on why and how to reign in finance can be easily accessed.
“The Economists’ Committee for Stable, Accountable, Fair and Efficient Financial Reform (SAFER) is a focal point, clearinghouse and coordinating mechanism for progressive economists and analysts to gather and present their views on financial re-regulation and reform; to reach, to the degree possible, a consensus on the key issues relating to regulation and reform; and to help incorporate this work into the public debate over these issues that will ensue over the coming six to nine months or so. By bringing these analysts together to speak in a concerted voice, we will be able to broaden the perspective on financial regulation and reform, and enhance our impact on this public debate.”
- Are Canadian investors headed for a carbon cliff? (April 12th, 2013)
- Carbon bubbles and fossil fuel divestment (March 26th, 2013)
- Household debt going from bad to worse (October 15th, 2012)
- Complete details of 2008-09 Bank Support (June 8th, 2012)
- The Stock Market and Canadian Economic Performance (May 16th, 2012)