A thought-provoking piece from the Asia Times – apparently China is drawing on hidden forex reserves to purchase real assets such as stakes in resource companies – diversifying away from the US Treasury bubble in a non trivial way and perhaps setting the stage for a collapse of the US dollar.
- Saskatchewan Budget Saved by Falling Loonie (August 8th, 2013)
- Industrial Policy, Manufacturing Employment, and the Loonie (June 21st, 2013)
- Dutch Disease is Dead … Long Live Dutch Disease!!! (March 4th, 2013)
- The IMF and the Canadian Manufacturing Crisis (February 15th, 2013)
- Exchange Rates, the Price of Oil and the Enbridge Northern Gateway Project Joint Review Panel (October 25th, 2012)